czwartek, 19 stycznia 2017

Art is a troublesome thing...

Hello guys.

Hope you're all well and healthy in the new 2017 year.

As I've mentioned before Christmas - I am finally able to spend some actual time on The Endless World. However, that is probably the optimistic part of the news...

A bit worse part of it is that (lacking any help with graphics) I decided to give myself a chance to become my own CG artist. After all I am not THAT bad with a pencil and a piece of paper... Remembering that I was actually able to gather some money on Patreon, I decided to buy myself a simple graphic tablet - with the game being the only real purpose for the purchase. Now, I DO have the tool at home, and I have actually spend a few hours of my free time trying to learn the ropes...

Here is a sample of what I've made during the practises :P (obviously that's not all, but...)

The real problem is however with feeling the tablet... Drawing with it is on a totally different level than with the regular pencil... And I think I might strugle to come up with some decent arts. Don't get me wrong - I am NOT giving up the idea of trying more and more to improve my skills, but I will probably try to spend more time on adding the events and progressing with the game than failing yet again to give proper shapes to the haircut of the main heroine :x

Keep in mind, that this entry is not meant to be sad and I am far from calling my experience with the tablet a failure. I am atually feeling energetic about my attampts. It's just that I was hoping to find a solution for the artistic part of the project but for the time being I am still left riddled with the task. I thought it would only be fair to update all of you about the project.

Anyway: I am most likely going back to RPG Maker in the following days!

Keep tuned! ;)

2 komentarze:

  1. Hi Hazze, I play a few hours of your first TEW and it was enjoyable. It sucks that you were not able to get much help in terms of the art for your current project. I'd really like to see what you come up with this time. Best of luck.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thx for your kind words. I will once more confirm that despite REALLY long period of time I stay positive about the future of the second part of Meretrix story. It will come out one day and I strongly hope I will find a way to have some nice CGs until that time :)

      Usuń